How Do You Relax?

Lately I find myself feeling quite on edge. You know when you feel anxious, a bit frustrated?

I think it's because I tend to bottle things up in my head and eventually it gets to the point where I feel a little like I'm going to explode.. I've always been very passive and therefore not good at expressing negative emotions at the fear of causing arguments.

A few things I've been doing to relax lately which have been helping;
  • Candles - I find candles quite relaxing, it's nice to have one burning even if I'm just browsing on the computer, I think the heat helps me feel relaxed, as well as the pleasant smells.
  • Face masks - I'll often do a face mask if I'm feeling stressed and it does help a lot, it makes me feel all clean and shiny! ;)
  • Tidy! - I think cleaning my room helps to organise my mind, if that makes sense.. I often let my room get into a bit of a state and definitely feel a change in moods when it reaches a certain point
  • Go for a jog - The main reason I started exercising was for my mental well-being, and often if I'm feeling upset I'll go out for a jog

How do you relax? I'd love to hear some of the ways you unwind.

7 comments

  1. Hi Hannah! I'm with you...lighting candles after tidying up a bit is so relaxing. :-)

    I hope you are feeling better soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astri, candles are the best. :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha...great post...I used to relax in that way, but now with two kids my "free" time just disappeared!!!

    have a wonderful week Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I hope you manage to get a little more free time soon, it's important to relax. I hope you've had a wonderful week too.

      Delete
  3. If something really bugs me then I'll just rant on Tumblr. Watching a new drama, taking a shower or taking a long break from work.. helps! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these! I get in Tumblr loops where I can be on the site for hours, and a long hot shower is always amazing. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Candles for sure, a nice book and a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete