Vistaprint Business Cards & Figuring out Illustrator

Good morning!
I received an order of business cards from Vistaprint earlier today, although I love moo.com's cards they are a bit too expensive for me to keep purchasing them.
Vistaprint offers good quality for the price. I've ordered from them before and although their card isn't as thick as moo.com, I find Vistaprint's cards to be true to colour, clear, and I hadn't found one printing error in the last 500 I ordered, which is very impressive. They also have more frequent discount codes, at the time of ordering I was able to automatically get 25% off without having to wait for a sale or search for a voucher.
Vistaprint Business Cards

I've also been trying to learn a little bit about the program Adobe Illustrator. I've ordered some new tags for my pillows and wanted to have my shop name properly vectored in my own handwriting to ensure that the quality wouldn't be lost at whatever size I needed it, and also to make sure that no other brand would have the exact same font as me.

I started with a rough sketch created in PaintTool SAI and took it to Illustrator to vector. It took me a while to get the hang of it, and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing at all. I'm pretty good at using Photoshop but Illustrator is a whole other ball game. Familiar tools don't do what you assume they will, and I doubt I'll get the hang of it anytime soon, but I'll keep trying.

I'm using the text below for my Etsy banner, my blog banner above, on my new business cards and soon to arrive pillow tags.
What I love about having vectored text is that it's easy to change anything you'd like without losing quality, I find this especially handy when changing the colour.
hannahdoodle font

The rest of today will be spent here at my computer, I'm hoping to get a couple more greeting card designs finalised by Wednesday, because although moo.com are quite expensive, I love the quality of their greeting cards and they're currently having a 25% off sale until midnight tomorrow. Time to get to work!
greeting card sketches on paper
Hannah Blog Signature

7 comments

  1. Your new cards look great. I print and cut my own cards right now, but am considering ordering them in the future to save time.
    I love that your shop name is in your own handwriting...very cool and original :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to print them myself as well, but my printer quality isn't fantastic at the moment. Would love to get a better one in the future. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Your cards are so cute! I used Vistaprint for a long time but recently switched. I do like how affordable they were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vistaprint seem fantastic for the price, I'm a little curious, did you switch for a higher quality?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, one of the most informative posts on this subject online actually.
    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    www.topvoucherscode.co.uk/hello-print-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog..! I really like reading through this article... Thanks for sharing such an great post with us and keep blogging...
    Clare Florist Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete